Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch.
– E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web & Stuart Little
My name is Beth and I am an “IVF Girl.”
You’re probably wondering, ‘What does it mean…’IVF Girl?’
Or you’re probably wondering. ‘So what? What makes YOU so special?’
Want to know what makes me so special?
* My baby, currently burrowed in my padded uterus for the past five months. I love him or her so very much.
* My pregnancy makes me so special. I am fatter, happier and hairier on the head.
* My many years of being told I was ‘infertile’ and still persevering forward.
* Being asked why I was not pregnant by ignorant people I still know or considered strangers at the time. And responding with a smile, “Some day soon it will happen.” (I wanted to clock every single one of those question-yielding, nosy-bodies.)
* My late father who was one of the greatest men in my own personal history. Just knowing he is part of the DNA of my future child is remarkable and puts a smile on my face many times daily.
* My decision to make the boldest chess move in my life – to have in vitro fertilization (IVF) as a last option in conceiving a child. IT WAS WORTH EVERY MOMENT.
Now, before one accuses me of conceit or arrogance, please know I am not the ONLY special IVF girl out there. We come in droves and we speak all the languages in the world and come in all shapes and sizes. We are plenty, many strong. And we are plenty, many special.
Why are we so special? Because we have our own stories in infertility. We have our own stories in baby making or hopeful baby making. We have our own futures unfolding.
And we are resilient, passionate, and quietly determined.
We don’t believe in the words, ‘impossible’ or ‘hard’ or ‘foolish.’ We instead say, ‘possible’, ‘challenging’ and ‘unique.’
We like to dream of our future child’s first birthday and his or her first performance in a school play.
And we can’t wait to teach our future child how to ride a bicycle or tie his or her shoes.
We are ALL IVF GIRL. Nice to meet you all..