So. I had this situation happen to me the other day. I was in Duane Reade, standing in line to pay for ice cream (yes!) when a man (also in line) reached over and patted my stomach. “Ooooh. How far along? Boy or girl? I have three!” Hmmm, right? Thing was, he was around my […]
Archive | Marvellous Miscellany RSS feed for this section
Grammy’s Schwammy’s. I miss the 80’s music I used to play on my vinyl records. I miss my record sleeves and skipping needle. I miss flipping over the record when I loved and learned every lyric of the first side. My favorite 80’s album of all time was SEVEN AND THE RAGGED TIGER. Duran […]
Yesterday I sliced a piece of my pinky finger off. With a scissor. I don’t even want to discuss the HOW’S and WHY’S. Just know this? It was an accident. And it prompted a visit to the ER and stitches. A year ago and the VERY same date, I sliced my other pinky open. I […]
On this birthday, I wish for Haiti and the families that lost one another. It’s all I wish for today.
I was just Twittering with a couple of the gals – Roxanne (of The Quest for Baby Hang) and Holly (of Ready To Be a Mom) – and we got to talking about the late, great Heath Ledger, particularly his fabu-licious serenading scene in 10 Things I Hate About You. So that got us thinking…if […]
So. An ex-boyfriend contacted me yesterday. I say, “yesterday” because I went to bed by 7:30P and awoke an hour ago, only to find an email from him. I usually hear from him around this time of year as he knows my birthday (tomorrow! Woo!) is coming up and he likes to wish me an […]
The whole world is a pointy object. Knives and glass and arrows and long finger nails. I found myself heading towards my doctor’s appointment with my hands around my stomach. My coat, despite the winter, is thinner in material because it is large and lets me breathe. And because of my choice in outer wear, […]
Yes. What a cold one, too. I walked around the streets today and my bones were stinging me. They were just too angry. And they were just too cold. But I felt happy. I did. I people watched a little bit and smiled at strangers. So thanks for all of your concerns of late. Moodiness […]
Tomorrow I am house hunting again. I am so excited because it means that I will finalllllly be out of this basement apartment in my MIL’s three family building. (I feel like Chris Elliot from, “Get A Life”). I am appreciative that rent was low because I was the super of the building. (I feel […]
My crying baby will be entering this world in May and I am stumped. I have no idea what to name her and well, I don’t want to ask my family (see the post about my in-laws.) I would love to name her after our late fathers. Their names started with an ‘S’ and a […]
- What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with YOU? December 31, 2009
- Even cowgirls get the blues :( October 1, 2010
- My fair baby August 28, 2010
- I’m fine but my cervix is a jerk… October 15, 2010
- The benefits of pineapple for IVF December 18, 2009
- Another 99c sale on my book: 9/21–9/26 September 21, 2014
- 16 hours only – get my ebook for 99c June 27, 2014
- Happy Anniversary! June 21, 2014
- I am YOU. February 1, 2014
- Someone I don’t actually know…. September 15, 2013
- gauteng: I used Pine apple (including core) and wallnuts du...
- Candy: FYI: http://natural-fertility-info.com/bromelain-...
- Candy: Some says eat it for 5 days starting from the embr...
- Candy: Some articles say that eating pineapple (including...
- Barbara: LOL! She said what we all want to say! Read ...
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Follow @ivfgirldotcom on Twitter